Happy HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
We experienced some glorious weather in Maryland this week! We saw temps in the 70s for a bit, and I was able to open up the windows and curl up with a good book. Is there anything better!? Compared to the sweltering heat and humidity we had the week prior; it was welcomed! It gave me that little hint of Fall… and I have to admit that I am ready for the cooler temps!
- Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter – Lets kick off this week’s Friday Favorites with a book that I started reading over a year ago. I was huge and preggo and exhausted at the time, but I heard such amazing reviews of this novel. I was able to get a good ways into it, but then Audrey was born. I set it down and haven’t picked it up until this week. GUYS. ITS. SO. GOOD. Perfect beach book, lay by the pool book or if you’re lucky, open up the windows and curl up on the sofa book. Get your hands on it, and if you read it let me know what you think! (click on image for more details!)
2. Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer – I’ve been so impressed with makeup that I’ve found in the drug store recently. There’s becoming less and less of a need for Ulta and Sephora trips, and honestly I’m okay with that. This has taken place of my Benefit Hoola bronzer. Now, I am not saying its a dupe for it… but what I will say is that its butter… I mean BETTER. 😉 Seriously, I understand why its called a “butter bronzer”. It applies smoothly and flawlessly. The first few times I applied it I was way too heavy handed, so remember that a little goes a very long way. It gives you a wonderful bronzed glow, and it smells like summer. (click on image for more details)
3. Blue Lizard Sensitive Skin SPF– I love looking tan without the help of the sun’s harmful rays. This SPF is amazing. After having Audrey, I started becoming really aware of what’s in products. Sunscreens are full of harmful chemicals, but they are so important to wear. Finding a safe sunscreen can be hard, as many that claim to be organic or mineral based are still full of chemicals..*ahem* babyganics… This is one that I feel safe applying to not only Audrey but myself. It works great under makeup. Another favorite is the California Baby SPF, but it is typically more expensive than the Blue Lizard unless you find it on sale. (click photo for more info)
4. Fitbit Alta– Okay so I have to be completely honest, I didn’t wear my Fitbit during the first trimester of my pregnancy. I was so sick and just blah that I didn’t want to know how many steps I didn’t take during the day. Ya feel me?! haha Now that I am feeling SO much better, I am wearing this again. I will admit that I wish I had the one that tracked your heart rate, but man I love this one so much. Its really the app that makes this an incredible device. I enter in all of the food I eat throughout the day, track my macros, sleep and of course my steps. It’s motivating me to eat healthier and to stay active.
I lost a significant amount of weight after having Audrey, and I really don’t think I would have been as successful doing that without my Alta. Of course now that I am pregnant, I don’t have a weightloss goal, but it’s helpful to keep track of calories to make sure I am eating enough! (click on photo for more info)
5. Ozark Trail Tumbler – Now that I’m preggo, I have to make sure I’m drinking enough water throughout the day. This tumbler is AMAZING, and it’s a fraction of the cost of it’s competitors. It keeps cold drinks cold and hot drinks hot. Super cheap (I even found them at Walmart), but well made. (click on photo for more info)
That wraps up this week’s favorites! I hope you all enjoy! Be sure to let me know what you think if you end up purchasing any of these (or if you already own them!).
In the spirit of full disclosure, I may be an affiliate of products that I recommend. Please know that when you click on a link and purchase a product, in most (but not all) cases, I may receive commission. This does not mean that you are paying more for this product. In fact, they are usually a better deal than you may find in stores! (I love a good deal, y’all!) Thank you for your support!