Friday Friday Fridayyyy! We are so excited and ready for the weekend because Audrey’s Oma (my mom) is coming into town! She’s going to watch Audrey while we are in Hawaii. I’m ready to have time for just Derek and myself, but my heart is ACHING unexplainably bad at the thought of leaving her. I haven’t spent a single night away from Audrey since she’s been born. I’m sure I’m going to be that hormonal pregnant lady on the plane crying. Thankfully, she is in the BEST of hands, and I know both Audrey and my mom are going to just love their time together! I just need to keep my emotions together during this trip! haha Any advice on leaving your little one for the first time is more than welcome!
Needless to say this week has been spent getting things in order. Making lists, notes for my mom, and putting the final touches on packing. My favorites for this post are a little all over the place, but I have some good ones!
- RX Protein Bars- I don’t know if its just me, but I’ve always wondered what is REALLY in protein bars. I use a lot of caution eating them while pregnant, because they are just so full of …stuff? Ingredients I can’t even pronounce. Well, RX Bars eliminate the confusion. They are made with simple ingredients that make sense! I bought a couple while in line at Wegmans. I had seen other bloggers rave about them, and I wanted to give them a try. The first flavor I tried was Mint Chocolate. Guys, it was terrible. I literally had to spit it out. I for sure thought I just wasted my money until I gave the Chocolate Sea Salt flavor a try. It. Is. So. Good. The consistency is MUCH different than your regular protein bar. It’s like a brownie met a tootsie roll and made a baby. haha! Seriously, if you try them you’ll know what I mean. I order them from Amazon, as it is the best deal I’ve found on them so far. (click image for more info)
- Garnier Tinted Dark Circle Roller – If you watched my 18 week pregnancy update, you’ll already know that I love this stuff. I’ve been using it for YEARS, y’all. Some days, it’s the only thing that I will put on. It gives a light coverage that noticeably brightens your under eye area. (And truth be told I’ve used it to cover up blemishes in a pinch as well!) (click image for more info)
3. Lineage Multiberry Yogurt Repair Pack- I’ve been trying to give my skin a little extra hydration this week, because I know the long plane ride is going to dry it out terribly. This mask is wonderful! I actually put it on before bed, and I sleep in it. (I know, I’m not following the directions there!) It truly does work wonders, and I wake up with soft and hydrated skin anytime I use it! (click image for more info)
4. Mainstays (yes, the brand from Walmart!) Cranberry Mandarin Wax Melts (or the candles!)- I’m all about the Bath and Bodyworks Fall candles just as much as the next Basic-Fall-Lovin’-Girl, but I like to hold off until its really Fall time to get them burning. While I impatiently wait for that cozy moment, I’m loving this scent from Mainstays! I like to think of it as the perfect transition scent from Summer to Fall. It’s super fresh and energizing! (click image for more info)
5. Krylon Looking Glass Spray- If you saw my most recent DIY Mercury Glass Post, you’ll know that I used this stuff to turn a gallon pickle jar into a antiqued vase! Well, I’m kind of obsessed now, and I find myself wanting to give everything a spray down with this stuff! It can be tricky to find in stores, but good ol’ Amazon comes through with a fantastic price! (click image for more info)
In the spirit of full disclosure, I may be an affiliate of products that I recommend. Please know that when you click on a link and purchase a product, in most (but not all) cases, I may receive commission. This does not mean that you are paying more for this product. In fact, they are usually a better deal than you may find in stores! (I love a good deal, y’all!) Thanks so much for your support!