I don’t know WHAT it is about today, but I keep thinking that its Saturday!
Guys, this week has been sooooo nice here in Maryland! Literally the perfect Fall weather! We have been spending as much time outside as possible just soaking it up.
Tomorrow we have trick-or-treating at a local event with Audrey. She’s going to be a pineapple (most hilarious costume EVER). And then on Sunday, we are supposed to have family photos done with Sami Proctor Photography IF the weather cooperates! (Its calling for rain, boooo!)
For family photos (or really any professional photos), I like to wear certain makeup that photographs nicely. I’m sure this is the ex-makeup artist in me. The wrong foundation/makeup can leave you looking ghostly white in pictures.. and that’s not cute even if Halloween is right around the corner. 😉
This Friday Favs consists of some of my go-to photography friendly makeup items.
click on any of the photos for direct shopping link ❤
- Sonia Kashuk Soft Focus Satin Matte Foundation- Y’all, this foundation is ahhhmazing. It is full coverage, and a little goes a very long way. It doesn’t “flash back” for photos (meaning that the color you see in person will be the color that shows through in flash photography) which is key. It keeps me matte for a while, but if I need to apply a little powder on top it doesn’t cake up. LOVE THIS STUFF. (also, best applied with a beauty blender or a real techniques sponge)
2. Waterproof Mascara – If your eyes are sensitive like mine, they probably water up easily. If its really bright out or if a little gust of wind blows, my eyes basically start crying on their own. This can be a pain during a session because you have to look, often towards a bright lighted area, for a period of time. For professional photos you probably won’t want to wear your jackie-o glasses, so make sure you plan ahead and wear a waterproof mascara should your eyes tear up. I love cover girl lash blast for waterproof, and I get the darkest black shade that they have.
3. Ardelle Demi Wishpies- I also love to amp up the lashes with a false set. These demi lashes are natural but provide an extra va-voom for photos. They can be a pain to put on yourself (I can put lashes on other people so easily but even I have trouble getting them on myself!), but they are SO worth it.
4. NARS blush – Wearing blush for photos is everythingggg. Without it, one can become really flat looking. A lot of time flash photography can wash out blush, so I always apply jusssttt a little more than I usually would so that it shows up nicely for pictures. Its a happy balance of not looking like a clown in person, but not looking washed out in pictures (I used to tell my brides this! haha). My favorite blush of all time (and the one that my husband actually complimented me on!) is Nars Orgasm. Classy name, I know. 🙂
5. NYX lipstick – I love a good lipgloss, but I tend to skip it for photography. I find that lipstick (kind of like the blush) just makes such a huge difference for photos. Without it, again, you are running the risk of looking washed out. So, I like to give my lips a little color. I love NYX for lip products, and this lipstick is perfection.
I hope you all enjoyed this Friday Favs! Wish us luck with our family photos! haha Even if the weather pulls through, I am sure its going to be crazy getting Audrey to cooperate! We need all the well wishes we can get!
In the spirit of full disclosure, I may be an affiliate of products that I recommend. Please know that when you click on a link and purchase a product, in most (but not all) cases, I may receive commission. This does not mean that you are paying more for this product. In fact, they are usually a better deal than you may find in stores! (I love a good deal, y’all!) Thanks so much for your support!